Dear Parents / Guardians,
Please note that the EDB has suspended school for Pre-Nursery, Kindergarten and Primary sections as a precautionary measure to further curb the spread of influenza.
For the avoidance of doubt, Chinese New Year will commence on February 8th, 2018. The arrangements of our school are as follows:
- Chinese New Year Holiday for SJC begins on February 8th, 2018. Please review the calendar on our website for the return dates of students according to their respective section.
- In order to meet the practical needs during these non-scheduled school holidays, SJC will have adequate members of staff to supervise and handle school affairs. This is inclusive, but not limited to, answering parent/guardian(‘s) queries, regularly disinfecting and cleaning school facilities and equipment.
- As instructed by the EDB, parents / guardians should note the following measures to further prevent your child(ren) / ward(s’) from infection:
– Maintain good personal hygiene; cover your nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing and wash hands thoroughly afterwards;
– Maintain good indoor ventilation;
– Maintain and consistently build immunity by upholding a well-balanced diet, exercising regularly and taking adequate rest; and
– Avoid going into crowded or poorly ventilated public areas.
- For students participating in ECAs, please note that these will also be postponed for February 8th and 9th. Additional details will follow at a later date.
- We have organized appropriate learning support by returning all necessary homework and books by today, Wednesday, 7th February, 2018.
Stay safe during Chinese New Year!